Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Author Spotlight with Angela Ford


Author Spotlight with Angela Ford


Author Bio:
Angela Ford originates from Nova Scotia…Canada’s Ocean Playground! Her love of the ocean and sunsets are always in her heart and give her inspiration. Her love for words keeps her turning the page. She is never without a book, whether she’s reading or writing. Now residing in Ontario, Angela works in Finance – numbers by day – words by night. Her dedication to volunteer and involvement with cyber safety seminars gave her an Award of Distinction and sparked the idea for her first book Closure – suspense with a dash of romance that hit the best- selling Action/Adventure. Her newest release, Unforgettable Kiss, delivers a romance with a dash of suspense. Between two jobs, being a mom with a home always filled with teenagers and rather interesting stories; she is lucky to have one very patient and understanding man. But it is the furry family members who rule the house – a Puggle, two loveable cats and two unique Guinea Pigs. Every possible quiet moment she finds, she treasures and just writes about the moments to come. Angela is an avid reader of romance, a member of the RWA and thrilled to be part of her new family BTGN.
***You can follow her at BTGN www.bookstogonow.com or visit her website at www.angelaford.net or follow her blog Romantic Escapes at http://www.angelafordauthor.com to connect with her on her social network sites. She loves to hear from her readers – they keep her smiling!***



Closure...a gripping FBI search grounded by an as-yet-unrealized love story…Jess, a young FBI profiler is compelled to save the fourth victim from a sexual predator, only to put her life into the hands of a serial killer.
CLOSURE - An elite FBI task force tracks online predators while they hunt their prey. A series of murders in Presario Heights has forced Special Agent Jessica Resario to follow her gut instinct to save the next victim. Supervisory Special Agent Tom Erickson removes her from the case. The only place to escape the danger is her family beach home. She hadn’t been there since her parents were murdered. The level of intensity climbs higher with her discovery of postcards marked “I Crave You”. Old ghosts, secrets, imminent threats and an inevitable attraction to Tom send her on an emotional roller coaster. If that wasn’t enough, she opens the door to a man she thought was dead. Tom is stabbed and his case files go missing…high emotions put Jess at the killer’s mercy.
Suddenly reality hit her. She let no one in. Brave at work, yet in her personal life, she didn’t have the courage to confess her true feelings to Tom. The murder of her parents ten years before kept her from loving, for fear of losing again. All she had was her work, and her work put her life into the hands of a serial killer.







One kiss leaves Meghan questioning her decision to never love again.
Meghan Eden swore she would never love again. The tragic death of her son, at the hands of her husband, destroyed her emotionally. She believed her successful Spa would fulfill her life until a business seminar takes her to a golf resort in Arizona. Meghan’s love of golf gets her paired up with a man she doesn’t know. The rest of the world does. Eric Nolan is the most sought after actor in Hollywood and the most eligible bachelor in the hearts of many women. Eric draws out hidden desires Meghan never imagined and leaves an unforgettable kiss etched in her memory. One kiss leaves her questioning her decision to never love again. An emotional struggle to love again cannot stop the passion that unravels. But perhaps Meghan’s ex can. Released on early parole without her knowledge and he’s had the time to develop an obsession. Eric races to save her. He reaches the door, only to hear the gun shot.

Excerpt from Unforgettable Kiss

She placed her hand on his chest, the tempo of his pulse increased. She could feel herself tremble, getting weaker by the moment. Reality faded and paradise set in. He pulled her hips in closer to his. The passion she felt could defy analysis. Meghan told herself to respond not react. He pushed her shoulders against the wall, aggressive yet gentle with an incredible rhythm. His hips never left hers in the sudden movement. An in sensational appetite stirred within her.


Unforgettable Kiss on YouTube  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHo4dXSV4Vw&feature=youtu.be


Sneak Peak Cover:
Questions:
1.     When did you decide to write?
I’ve always loved to write and read but it was just a couple of years that I decided to start sharing.

2.     How did you come up with the idea of your newest book?
My newest book ‘Unforgettable Kiss’ is filled with a lot of emotion and that question of whether to love again and whether we can overcome that fear of commitment after our hearts have been broken. I know I’ve been there. What keeps me believing in true love and fairy-tales is the amazing love between my mom and dad…so I guess it’s their true love that sparked the idea of a love story. 

3.     What Genre do write?
I usually write romantic suspense…crime fiction. I’m addicted to the suspense and the mystery of putting together that puzzle. I love my Criminal Minds and other crime shows. And of course, love romance! So I also enjoy writing contemporary romance with a happily-ever-after.

4.     Would you ever write with another author if asked?
Yes! I am actually writing two series this year with three other authors. It is very exciting! I love how we all have our own stories and can blend them in with each other’s.

5.     Who is your biggest inspiration?
My Mom because she is the most loving and strongest woman I know. She has taught me so much. Her love and strength inspires me to be the best I can be no matter what life throws my way.

6.     Who are some of your favorite authors?
I have so many! Danielle Steele has been one of my favs since I was a teenager. I always love to escape into her stories. And of course when it comes to romantic suspense, I love to read Allyson Brennan. Now that I’ve been in the writing world, I’ve met some amazing talented writers. My TBR list is so long! It keeps me praying for a 36 hour day!

7.     What genre do you like to read?
I love a good read…one that will pull me in and keep me turning the page. That’s what I search for so the genre is pretty open from contemporary, historical, supernatural, suspense, thrillers…I think I’ve pretty much read a wide variety.

8.     What was the last book that you read?
This week I read “Places to See”, a contemporary romance series by three talented authors. I loved it! It is about true friendship and finding true love. It took me on an adventure to Ireland, New Zealand and hiking in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. It just released and I was honored to read and review.


9.     What are you working on?

I just released the cover of the sequel to my first romantic suspense “Closure”… called “Forbidden”. We are in edits and hoping to release it soon. In ‘Closure’, Agent Jessica Resario is a profiler with the FBI’s Internet Security Task Force that hunts down Internet Predators. She’s compelled to save the fourth victim which only puts her life into the hands of a serial killer. Jess is a strong independent woman who doesn’t always follow protocol. She’s also struggling with her feelings toward her boss and dealing with some old ghosts and secrets of her past. In ‘Forbidden’, Jess is back on a new case that leads her to believe that sometimes the past can creep back into your life. She thought she found closure, she didn’t expect a déjà vu!
I’m also working on two projects with other authors to release a contemporary romance series in the Fall, and also a Christmas romance series. Besides all that…I’m writing a new romantic suspense! I know…that 36 hour day would be awesome!

Fun Questions:
1.     Favorite Animal  I can’t pick…I have 5 in my house! A Puggle (pug/beagle mix), 2 cats who think they rule the house and 2 unique loveable guinea pigs…we’d have more if my daughter had a say in it lol
2.     Favorite Color  Pink
3.     Favorite Food   Chocoolate
4.     Favorite Genre of Music  Oldies…is that a genre lol
5.     Favorite Season  Summer! Live for the Beach!


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Anytime hun. When your new book comes out let us know over at Indie Author Books and we will post it <3

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for Forbidden to come out. I really enjoyed Closure and Unforgettable Kiss.

    ReplyDelete